Novi, Mich. (October 14, 2021) – The Battery Show and Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology Expo today announced The Battery Show & EV Tech Digital Days, a comprehensive virtual event for the advanced battery manufacturing and EV/HEV technology communities. Slated for November 17-18, the digital offering will feature an enhanced conference program with live and on-demand webinars featuring high-quality speakers, exhibitor 'booths' with easy-to-find products and services, and multiple matchmaking and networking offerings in a smart event engagement platform powered by AI.
This past September, the in-person event was held in Novi, Michigan, connecting more than 550 suppliers with the 9,155 buyers and suppliers in attendance, serving as the premier meeting place to network, learn, and strike deals with the industry's leading visionaries. The 2021 edition was the largest attended conference in the event's history, reinforcing the industry's rapid growth and affirming the importance of the annual show for the progression of the advanced battery manufacturing and EV/HEV community.
"The global effort to decarbonize transport has fueled major investments in electric vehicle and battery technology development, with billions of dollars injected into new battery factories and electric vehicle plants," said Jenny McCall, event director, The Battery Show & EV Tech Digital Days, "With this rapid growth comes a critical need to connect with peers and business partners more than once a year, thus our continuation of the event in a virtual format that is designed to augment in-person connection."
McCall continued: "We're thrilled to announce the second fully digital event supporting the North American edition and serve as a global meeting place for those who weren't able to join us in-person and provide ample opportunity to continue conversations started in Novi and ramp up for The Battery Show Europe held in Stuttgart this November 30 through December 2."
Paid Conference Offerings:
Live & On-Demand Keynote Presentations
Hear from senior leaders from Ford Motor Company, Department of Energy, and LG Energy Solutions each day, highlighting the state of electrification and new battery chemistries.
- Federal Efforts to Support the Lithium Battery Supply Chain and Sustainability
- LG's Vision of Electrification: Innovation, Evolution, and Collaboration
- The Global Transition to Electric Vehicles
The new line-up of live keynote presentations will be announced soon.
Expertly Curated Educational Program
The interactive digital event features an educational program including popular on-demand sessions recorded from the in-person, intensive conference at The Battery Show North America in Novi, MI this September. A sample of sessions available with a Conference pass includes:
- Beyond Li-Ion High Energy & Power Cells Market Review 2020
- Unpacking the Infrastructure Package: Critical Minerals, Batteries, and Supply Chain Priorities
- EV Market Expansion and Its Implications on Battery Demand
- EV Battery Test Engineering: Sufficient Planning and Efficient Execution
Or visit the On-Demand listings to access sessions from our sister show The Battery Show Europe, including:
- Outlining the Development of Volvo's Modular Electric Propulsion Traction Battery
- EV Forecasts: 2020 Summary of European EV Market Expansion and Its Implications on Battery Demand
- Thermal Management: A Thermal Simulation Study of the TESLA Model 3 Cell
- Battery Manufacturing: Deploying Advanced Lithium Battery Manufacturing Equipment to Support the Deployment of Giga Factories in Europe
For a full rundown of all the sessions, you can view the full program here.
Free Features at the Digital Days Expo:
Virtual Product Showcase
Get an under-the-hood look at new technologies from today's top suppliers. Each exhibitor will host a 10-15-minute product demo of their latest technology or solution—Lauterbach and Muller-BBM VibroAkustik Systems are confirmed to date.
Join some of our valued sponsors for free 60-minute tutorials such as daily Lunch & Learns from ATS Automation and Comsol or industry-leading webinars produced by Henkel, Keysight Technologies, and more.
Open Tech Forum
Explore what's new in battery and H/EV design and innovation at the Open Tech Forum. Now hosted on the virtual platform, you can ask your most challenging questions in our new Ask the Experts session, listen to keynotes, and learn from expert-led panels and presentations at home.
Source from an extensive collection of easy-to-find products and services and filter based on product type and area of interest to find the latest solution to your toughest challenges.
Contests, Prizes, and Swag
Enjoy complimentary contests across the virtual platform and chances to win prizes and collect custom exhibitor swag.
Upcoming events include:
- The Battery Show Digital Days, a virtual exhibition and conference (November 17-18)
- The Battery Show and Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology Expo Europe, an in-person event (November 30 – December 2)
For more information and to register, please visit www.thebatteryshow.com.
- Registration is open; secure your attendee pass here.
- Press interested in registering for the event can register here.