The Battery Show North America is the continent's largest and most comprehensive advanced battery technology event, today announced an extensive speaker lineup confirmed to explore the industry’s most disruptive technologies, battery supply chain strategies, workforce innovation, and much more at the September event.
The Battery Show is returning to the Suburban Collection Showcase in Novi, Michigan, from September 13 – 15, with more than 10,000 attendees signed on to date, from C-suite executives and business leaders to innovative thinkers and engineers. Co-located with Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology Expo, the only trade show and conference exclusively dedicated to the drive train and power system in electric and hybrid vehicles, this year’s highly-anticipated show edition will feature 150+ speakers and over 72 hours of education.
“This year’s show is particularly special, as the industry is undergoing incredible growth, with demand that is underscored by the expo floor selling out months in advance of the event,” said Shamara Ray, Group Event Director of The Battery Show North America. “With the advanced battery market forecasted to continue growing at a rapid rate amid the global electric race, there is an intensified need for peer-to-peer education, and our event provides the rare opportunity to learn from and debate with the best-of-the-best. Leaders from all corners of the industry work tirelessly to introduce new technologies that will change the world and how society leverages electric power – The Battery Show serves as the global meeting point to discuss ideas, develop a roadmap to navigating the industry’s most pressing challenges, and discover the latest advanced battery technologies.”
Leading battery-focused exhibitors confirmed to date include 6K Energy, Advanced Battery Concepts, Battery Innovation Center, Bosch Rexroth, Leoch Battery Group, Maccor, and more. These exhibiting trailblazers are only a few of 750+ suppliers confirmed to showcase the future’s most innovative technologies, and network and learn from peers.
Sessions will include:
“Leaders' Roundtable: Ramping Up Production: The Rise of the Gigafactory," with speakers from: Britishvolt Canada, NAATBatt International, Kore Power, Solid Power and QuantumScape. Topics include:
- Capitalizing on government stimulation for the EV market
- What is the projected EV battery demand and will planned giga factories meet it?
- What is the role of OEMs in battery production: Partnership, collaboration, competition?
- Building the North American supply chain
- Is it possible to achieve CO2 neutrality in battery manufacture?
- How will evolving battery cell technology impact production?
“Building Competitive, End to End, Sustainable Battery Supply Chains,” with speakers from: Argonne National Laboratory, Battery Innovation Center, Cadenza Innovation, Clarios, NATTBatt, Retriev, and Sila Nanotechnologies, who will outline the work of the Li-Bridge public-private partnership to develop a strategy for a United States supply chain for lithium-ion battery technology, including:
- Securing and processing battery raw materials
- Building relationships and ecosystems that span battery value chains
- Investing in a local skilled workforce to build competence in design, development, and production
- Strengthening research and innovation
“Panel: Battery Recycling Establishing a Sustainable and Profitable Recycling Economy for Battery Materials in North America,” with speakers from Ecobat, Ford Motor Company, Li-Cycle, and Nth Cycle. Topics include:
- Evaluating current recycling technologies in terms of recovery, efficiency and energy use
- When will direct cathode recycling become a viable application?
- How much of the industry's material needs can be met through material recycling?
- What needs to happen to build an effective European recycling infrastructure?
- Who are the key stakeholders and where is collaboration happening?
- Will current Global and European regulation successfully drive recycling and ensure sustainable batteries?
Register here to secure a pass to learn about the latest advanced battery technologies and solutions.
Industry press are encouraged to register for this event; the press credential request form is accessible here.
About Informa Markets – Engineering: Informa Markets’ engineering portfolio is the leading B2B event producer, publisher, and digital media business for the world's $3-trillion advanced, technology-based manufacturing industry. Our print and electronic products deliver trusted information to the engineering market and leverage our proprietary 1.3-million-name database to connect suppliers with buyers and purchase influencers. We produce more than 50 events and conferences in a dozen countries, connecting manufacturing professionals from around the globe. The Engineering portfolio is organized by Informa, the world's leading exhibitions organizer that brings a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them thrive 365 days of the year. For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com.